OnlyFans suspends plans to block sexually explicit images

OnlyFans, the London-based content subscription platform, has paused plans to ban explicit photos and videos after widespread backlash from users.

Last week, the platform announced that there would be a ban on explicit images on 1 October.

“We have secured assurances necessary to support our diverse creator community and have suspended the planned October 1 policy change,” said the company in a Tweet on Wednesday. “OnlyFans stands for inclusion and we will continue to provide a home for all creators.”

The company’s founder Tim Stokely told the Financial Times that banks were penalising the service for supporting sex workers.

According to the BBC, in an email to creators it said: "The proposed 1 October 2021 changes are no longer required, due to banking partners' assurances that OnlyFans can support all genres of creators. OnlyFans is committed to providing a safe and dependable platform for all creators and their fans."

    Share Story:

Recent Stories